A meeting of the “moms,” #WOWSummit 2016 has something for everyone looking for healthful choices for their families and ones they love. Don’t worry you don’t have to be a mom, or a blogger for that matter, to get the most out of #WOWSummit. Follow me to see how! Save 15% Code: MADE15 I have been to more conferences than I can count, and having planned and executed several, I know some insider information about how they work, and how you can get the most out of your two days at the gorgeous Gaylord National Resort.
What is #WOWSummit 2016? (From MomsMeet)
The WOW Summit is a powerful, two days filled with inspiration and education. Join hundreds of moms and bloggers from the Moms Meet community living the path of a healthy lifestyle.
- Maybe you or your child have been recently diagnosed with skin or food sensitivities.
- Maybe you’ve been struggling with self-care or finding the joy in motherhood.
- Maybe transitioning your family to a healthy lifestyle has been overwhelming and unsuccessful.
- Maybe you’re looking to lose a few extra pounds and learning about gluten-free, non-GMO, and soy-free is similar to learning a new language.
No matter the reason, it’s time to make a real change in your life and gain the support you crave.
We are excited to be in our first year partnering with #WOWSummit to promote the event and give our opinion on what should make your #NotToMiss List. There are several great blogs who have already described the conference so perfectly for the mom blogger world, that I couldn’t really improve, and I’ve linked to them below.
Instead, our articles will focus on getting the most out of this (and other) conference and what’s in it for you even if you aren’t a mom blogger.
What we want to do is to show you how to make the most out of your conference experience, and some of our tips just might surprise you!
I’m not really a blogger at heart– I’m a basketball coach, development person, PTA parent, homeowners association chair, and really, really into supporting my favorite non profits Children’s National Medical Center and Canine Companions for Independence. So why am I going? Especially as a guy, what can I get out of this conference that seems to be all about moms?
1)I’m still a parent. More and more dads are staying at home and are primary caregivers. We care about what out families are exposed to too. So I want to learn about what healthful choices are out there these days. If I know better, I will do better.
2)Networking with Brands. We have an interesting point of view. We utilize brands to #PartyforPurpose, so while our blog is important, I am more interested in getting face time with brands. Our whole premise @Semi_Handmade is helping others throw extravagant playdates, parties and events with handmade touches.
But more than that, when we #PartyforPurpose, we aren’t self indulgent about it (okay, maybe a little). But…. We go crazy overboard because we are crazy for the non profits we support. Brands are crazy about our influence with millennials, and brands get their products in the hands of their target market in a natural, organic way that ALSO helps the funds and awareness of our favorite non profits. It’s how development works in a post recession, digital era where millennial, especially millennial moms, have tremendous buying power.
Also, how can these relationships help me with my work, basketball camps and clinics and non profit support? I coach girls basketball, so we have a great population for brands coming to #WOWSummit and I am always looking for innovative products that help my athletes perform at their best.
3)Networking with Other Influencers. There are tons of people doing blogs for a lot longer than we have. We want to meet them. Ask them specific questions and for feedback on our blog and our articles. We want to pick their brains to see how they have monetized their sites, not because we want to, but because we want to be able to help our non for profits do this. We want to get other influencers excited about CNMC and CCI.
I don’t have to be a mom or a blogger to get the most out of this event, and you don’t either.
Well now that we’ve inspired/overwhelmed you, I bet you are asking:
Where Do I Start?
Register Here! The #WOWSummit is October 7-8 at the gorgeous Gaylord National Resort, a Marriott property (and a partner of ours!) Save 15% using our unique code: MADE15 Or win a free ticket!
2) Book your Accommodations The easiest option is to book at the Gaylord National Resort and the conference has a special rate of $169, which includes the resort fee. Book here. Special rate expires September 5, 2016. Too steep? Here are some ways to save some money:
- Share a room with one or more conference attendees
- Book a local hotel. There are several within walking distance starting at Residence Inn or Hampton Inn and suites. Published rates are higher than the #WOWSummit special price, but if you call the property (the actual property directly, they will usually work with you).
- Use rewards points. If you are a Marriott Rewards Member, you may be able to use points to stay at the Gaylord or other Marriott properties within walking distance.
3) Do Advanced Research on Food Options The conference is not providing meals to keep our conference cost low. As such, you will be “on your own” for meals. The restaurants in the Gaylord are very high priced, and the waits can sometimes be exorbitant. Here are a few eating options I recommend based on price.
4) Make your #NotToMissList When looking at what you want to get most out of this, prioritize your goals.
- Are you looking for information from experts on healthful food, services and products for you or your family?
- Are you there to get help starting a blog?
- Are you looking to take your blog to the next level?
- Are you looking for new partnerships to sponsor your blog or to feature great products using your blog and/or social media?
A) Figure out your main goal. Write it down, like on actual paper.
B) Comb through the schedule and circle/highlight anything of interest, then enter them all in your calendar
C) Narrow your Focus. Prioritize the activities and networking opportunities that will help you meet your main goal. Keep going back to your main goal. How does each activity help you meet that goal?
NB: More is not better. Sometimes more is just more. In fact, over scheduling yourself leads to burn out, and can leave you with meeting a lot of people and businesses, but not gaining much.
Identify the top 3-5 things you must not miss. Hit those things first. Maybe its a speaker, or maybe its a brand. Go there first. Even if it is out of order, even if it doesn’t seem efficient, even if there are other shiny shiny things (like freebies) distracting you from every booth.
WHY? It’s like going on errands with little kids. You hit the critical stuff first…clothing returns, groceries, school supplies, dry cleaning… and that way you get what you need done, and the rest of the stuff can be done later or, worst case, if it doesn’t get done, you won’t feel too badly because the priorities came first.
Conference mapping? #SAME
Map out where your top 3-5 booths or activities are going to be and schedule them in. Hit those first, then with any extra time, you can go to your B list activities and booths.
Keep the main thing the main thing -Lon Solomon
Your #NotToMiss list will look different than mine, and different from your blogger friends. But that’s the point…keep the main thing the main thing (Lon Solomon)
Check out our next post, where we will publish our very own #NotToMiss List for #WOWSummit 2016!
Do you need face time with any of these brands?
Here are the speakers. Do you want to ask questions? Write them down and be prepared to speak u during Q&A or find them around the event!